Escrow Data Analyst I (On-site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Escrow Analyst I Specialist will be responsible for reviewing and completing escrow analysis in accordance with RESPA (Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act) for all escrow loans and non-escrow loans with negative escrow advances. Perform all duties in accordance with the company guidelines, applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
Perform daily Ad-Hoc escrow analysis for the portfolio - including the review of escrow line detail, and preliminary shortage and overage reports to clear all exceptions for a final analysis that is compliant with RESPA Regulations.
Solves problems rapidly and cost-effectively with minimal disruption.
Perform monthly bulk escrow analysis for the portfolio following the Mass State Schedule
Research illogical collection amounts, due dates, or large changes in payment
Document findings by adding notes to the loan
Complete the steps to process the escrow analysis and create a change in monthly payment
Process requests received from the mortgage holder, clients, or other departments
Monitor work volumes and adjust work types or production to meet department needs
Maintain consistent attendance to ensure fulfillment of essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum of 1+ years residential mortgage loan servicing experience.
Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook).
Detail oriented with excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Possess excellent communication (written and verbal) and customer service skills.
Ability to effectively and accurately communicate with all levels within the organization.
Proven ability to work well both independently and as a team member.
Ability to make sound decisions based upon department, company policies, procedures, knowledge and experience.
Onbase imaging system experience a plus.
Knowledge of SQL (Preferred but not required).
Flexible to changing priorities, project scopes, and deadlines.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred, not required or equivalent mortgage experience
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.