Escrow Data Analyst I
The Escrow Analyst I assist the Escrow Administrator in supporting the day to day operations of escrow administration, including review of reports, and monitoring a suite of reports designed to support business operations. The individual will learn and become proficient with SQL in order to support business customers. The candidate is responsible for the monitoring of property taxes, insurance, and escrow analysis. Additionally, the Escrow Analyst I assist the business in solving business problems through the process of identifying and analyzing requirements to properly reflect client and investor needs that ultimately translate into improved process/system designs.
- Perform Ad-Hoc Escrow Analysis for the portfolio - including the review of escrow line detail, and preliminary shortage and overage reports to clear all exceptions for a final analysis that is compliant with RESPA Regulations.
- Solves problems rapidly and cost-effectively with minimal disruption.
- Assist in the review of the development of reports for internal and external agents.
- Maintain and develop proficiency in all systems
- Become a subject matter expert of production reporting, answering questions for both the business customers and IT staff regarding both processes and data.
- Create basic, new queries focused on selecting data from a limited number of tables, with a high degree of oversight from a senior analyst.
- Create ad hoc reports
- Become comfortable presenting data to customers in a variety of formats, such as excel pivot tables, charts, and SQL Server sandboxes.
- Knowledge of SQL (Preferred but not required)
- Familiar with working in a data warehouse environment is a plus
- Experience using Excel (charts, formulas) required
- Orientation for detail coupled with organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, responds well to pressure and deadlines, and work well individually and in a team environment.
- Flexible to changing priorities, project scopes, and deadlines.
- Strong business communication skills with an ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
* Bachelor’s Degree preferred, not required or equivalent mortgage experience