Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
The Escrow Analyst I Specialist will be responsible for reviewing and completing escrow analysis in accordance with RESPA (Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act) for all escrow loans and non-escrow loans with negative escrow advances. Perform all duties in accordance with the company guidelines, applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Perform daily Ad-Hoc escrow analysis for the portfolio - including the review of escrow line detail, and preliminary shortage and overage reports to clear all exceptions for a final analysis that is compliant with RESPA Regulations.
- Solves problems rapidly and cost-effectively with minimal disruption.
- Perform monthly bulk escrow analysis for the portfolio following the Mass State Schedule
- Research illogical collection amounts, due dates, or large changes in payment
- Document findings by adding notes to the loan
- Complete the steps to process the escrow analysis and create a change in monthly payment
- Process requests received from the mortgage holder, clients, or other departments
- Monitor work volumes and adjust work types or production to meet department needs
- Maintain consistent attendance to ensure fulfillment of essential duties and responsibilities.
- Must have 1+ years residential mortgage loan servicing or escrow experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess excellent communication (written and verbal) and customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively and accurately communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Proven ability to work well both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to make sound decisions based upon department, company policies, procedures, knowledge and experience.
- Onbase imaging system experience a plus.
- Knowledge of SQL (Preferred but not required).
- Flexible to changing priorities, project scopes, and deadlines.
* Bachelor’s Degree preferred, not required or equivalent mortgage experience