Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
This position plays a critical role in the success of NewRez Servicing by managing the entire process associated with examinations. The Exam Management Coordinator facilitates the exam management process, which includes interaction with all levels of management and departments across the organization as well as regulators.
- Responsible for the project management functions related to managing all regulatory and third-party client exams
- Primary contact with regulatory agencies and clients for all external exams
- Work directly with all levels of management throughout the organization to gather evidence related to exam requests
- Coordinate onsite and remote examiner requests for information
- Responsible for escalating any regulator concerns, emerging themes or issues and drive action
- Partner with Training for exam preparation business units for interacting with regulators
- Perform root cause analysis on exam findings and work with appropriate business units on corrective action plans
- Assist in the drafting of audit responses to regulators as required
- Facilitate meetings with regulators via Teams, Skype, Outlook and onsite schedules.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience Requirements
- 1-2 years of experience, or combination of Compliance, Mortgage Servicing, Default Servicing, Debt Collections, and IT Audit (preferred).
- Experience in process definition and control definitions based on industry best practices.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
- Ability to develop new, and maintain existing, business relationships in a complex cross-organizational and cross-functional matrix environment with both internal and external stakeholders)
- Working knowledge of risk management.
- Familiarity with Mortgage Servicing systems is preferred.
- Excellent work ethic and deadline driven.
- Follow up skills and a strong sense of accountability
- Must possess a short learning curve related to assimilation of new skills and tasks
- Superior organizational skills needed
- Ability to multi-task as well as quickly adapt to changing work assignments
- Math and analytical skills needed
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R3777