Exam Transaction Manager
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Manager - Transaction & Exam will liaise with internal and external reams on legal, tax and corporate structure arrangements to initiate and progress transactions. This position will maintain oversight of transactions and will provide assistance with queries on transactions. This position will manage and oversee the fulfillment and timely completion of external compliance related monitoring, exams, and audits.
Assist with analysis for potential transactions, including commenting on existing arrangements in relation to underlying assets.
Prepare and review draft documentation required to initiate transactions, such as confidentiality agreements/non-binding offers/framework agreements.
Identify red flags to be dealt with and ongoing monitoring of those items.
Review and comment on transaction documentation from a legal perspective and coordinate the internal response.
Stay abreast of business and regulatory changes to ensure materials are relevant and accurate.
Respond in writing or verbally to, and anticipate questions arising from reviews/exams/audits, including explanations of compliance processes.
Provide guidance on compliance issues and proposed remediations and tracking and validation of remediation activity.
Other duties as assigned by management.
Other duties as directed Education and Experience Requirements
6-8 years related experience.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
Must be punctual and reliable.
Must present a professional appearance.
Must have strong analytical skills and be detail oriented.
Strong project-management skills, with a proven ability to coordinate across departments and functions.
Proven ability to draft procedures and evaluate internal controls.
Strong work ethic and hands-on approach
Ability to address challenging issues while remaining objective and independent.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R4055