Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current
The Director of Foreclosure monitors and directs all facets of the Foreclosure Department including staffing levels, process management, daily attorney contact, reporting and procedures. In addition to overseeing and directing the day-to-day functions, the Director of Foreclosure is responsible for client presentations, monthly client performance reviews and rating agency meetings.
- Oversees and provides guidance, leadership, and coaching to department managers and supervisors in multiple sites.
- Maintains and monitors workflow, processes, volume, staffing, and performance of the departments.
- Designs and implements programs to improve foreclosure processing.
- Drives process change and new program implementation within the department.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures and training of the various team positions.
- Reviews department policies to ensure statutory compliance for Foreclosure law.
- Reviews and provides final approval or denial of foreclosure bids, escalated issues and litigation settlements.
- Ensures department timeline and production goals are met including timely first legal action, foreclosure timeframes, sale reporting and minimizing compensatory fee exposure.
- Hires, trains and evaluates employee performance.
- Ensures strict adherence with HUD Guidelines, applicable GSE, municipal and investor requirements and internal policies.
- Works with Corporate Legal/Compliance, Attorney Network management and External Audit to monitor attorney performance.
- Communicates with all levels of management, manages relationships with internal and external business partners
- Excels in multi-tasking and managing numerous priorities while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Participates in due diligence research for prospective loan portfolio purchases as needed.
- Monitors developments in applicable laws and regulations and distributes compliance-related process changes.
- A minimum seven years of experience is preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Knowledge and understanding of servicing secured assets
- Knowledge of GSE and GNMA servicing requirements is required.
- Thorough understanding of foreclosure rules and processes from a mortgage servicing perspective.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with fulfilling legal obligations required of mortgage servicers/debt collectors
- Managerial skills including strong organizational and leadership skills.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190822170820_CBDL0WSIX8KZE1MX