Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 8th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Foreclosure Manager will ensure that the Foreclosure Department is running efficiently with regard to processes, procedures and metrics. Directly manages Foreclosure Representatives/Administrators in project monitoring, performance evaluations, goal setting and all other personnel matters.
- Manages the oversight of the foreclosure group.
- Ensures that process documentation is complete and accurate.
- Acts as a liaison with the loss mitigation team as well as attorney/agency network managers.
- Develops new and maintains existing dashboards and metrics for foreclosure processes.
- Uses reporting to manage the team and makes changes to reporting when necessary.
- Provides detailed reporting on foreclosure processes under management which will aid in fine tuning the existing programs.
- Coaches and develops employees.
- Works closely with our internal audit team as well as our compliance team.
- Reviews audit reports with team for training purposes.
- 7+ years of direct foreclosure or mortgage servicing related experience required
- Project management and problem solving skills
- SQL experience is preferred
- Freddie Mac Servicing experience preferred
- Ability to pull data as well as analyze it in order to build stronger legal programs
- Strong reporting skills
- Excellent process management skills
- Strong Organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Six Sigma training is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work related experience required