Foreclosure Sale Oversight Analyst (On - Site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Foreclosure Sale Oversight Analyst will focus on the implementation, trending, and management of the process of utilizing auction vendors to assist in the marketing and crying of foreclosure sales. This individual will also focus on preparing value analyses and advising on credit bid strategy as well as reporting regularly on results.
- Assist in implementing auction success programs and developing new marketing ideas.
- Assist various auction vendors with retrieval of reporting and information relative to the marketing and crying of foreclosure sales.
- Perform review of applicable sub-servicers vendor management, oversight, and annual vendor approval process.
- Conduct random sampling based on overall sale numbers of sub-servicer credit bids, invoicing, and valuations to ensure accuracy.
- Review auction result data and conduct neighborhood impact analysis to drive bid strategy on multiple levels to maximize return on investment.
- Assist in the determination of high value thresholds based on recommendations and reporting.
- Provide direct recommendations on property descriptions to assist in marketing strategies on high value properties.
- Conduct asset reviews on an as needed basis.
- Review results to determine that third party proceeds are positive to an REO outcome and handle market and peer analysis.
- Organize weekly, monthly, and quarterly meetings as required with Senior Management, the various auction vendors, and other business partners covering the implementation process, ongoing performance, and results, bid strategies, and potential new marketing ideas.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Two years’ experience with real estate valuations, marketing or analysis required.
- 3+ years foreclosure or REO experience required.
- Preferred experience in auction or foreclosure sales
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to report on data and analyze results.
- Detailed-oriented with financial calculations experience, including time value of money.
- Must have strong communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent time management skills and be able to work independently.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Tableau experience desired but not required.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.