Foreclosure Specialist I (On-Site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Foreclosure Specialist I monitors and processes accounts that are in the foreclosure process.
- Completes pre-foreclosure reviews to ensure loans are referred for foreclosure based on company requirements.
Completes, monitors progress, and ensures deadlines are met for invoice approval, foreclosure referrals, foreclosure breach letters and collection letters.
- Completes, monitors progress, and ensures deadlines are met for property preservation, order values, and inspections.
- Calculates and prepares reinstatement, payoff figures, and other debt information to attorneys.
- Manages a pipeline of foreclosure loans to ensure timely processing and adherence to investor, insurer, and client requirements.
- Provides adequate and accurate information to assigned foreclosure counsel.
- Prepares bidding instructions for utilization at foreclosure sale.
- Manages daily exception report to confirm adequate oversight of assigned pipeline.
- Completes follow-ups with foreclosure counsel to obtain all foreclosure documentation as required.
- Makes and answers calls from attorney firms and vendors.
- Adherences to company and department policies and procedures.
- Follows established company guidelines to increase revenue and reduce losses.
- Reviews tasks daily to ensure they are completed within company timelines.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned by Management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree preferred.
- 1-2 years Foreclosure or mortgage servicing related experience preferred.
- Previous experience in law office preferred.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer and internet skills.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent time management skills and be able to work with general supervision applying established procedures and specific standards.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office- Outlook and Excel
- Attention to detail and ongoing time management.
- LoanSphere/BKFS experience preferred.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.