Foreclosure Specialist II (On-Site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Monitors and processes accounts that are in the foreclosure process; these are more experienced reps able to handle larger queue sizes or more complex loans while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Completes pre-foreclosure reviews to ensure loans are referred for foreclosure based on company requirements.
- Completes, monitors progress and insures deadlines are met for invoice approval, foreclosure referrals, foreclosure breach letters and collection letters.
- Completes, monitors progress and insures deadlines are met for property preservation, order values, and inspections.
- Calculates and prepares reinstatement, payoff figures, and other debt information to attorneys.
- Answers calls from attorney firms and vendors.
- Adheres to company and department policies and procedures.
- Follows established company guidelines to increase revenue and reduce losses.
- Reviews tasks daily to ensure they are completed within company timelines.
- Performs other projects as assigned by Management.
- 2+ year (s) of direct FC/BK or mortgage servicing related experience
- Previous experience in the legal field or with a law firm desired
- Must have strong communication skills; strong analytical skills; and strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Must be effective in multi-tasking and be goal oriented.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent time management skills and be able to work independently.
* High school diploma, college degree preferred
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R4049