Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Foreclosure Specialist monitors and processes accounts that are in the foreclosure process.
- Completes pre-foreclosure reviews to ensure loans are referred for foreclosure based on company requirements.
- Completes, monitors progress and insures deadlines are met for invoice approval, foreclosure referrals, foreclosure breach letters and collection letters.
- Completes, monitors progress and insures deadlines are met for property preservation, order values, and inspections.
- Calculates and prepares reinstatement, payoff figures, and other debt information to attorneys.
- Answers calls from attorney firms and vendors.
- Adherences to company and department policies and procedures.
- Follows established company guidelines to increase revenue and reduce losses.
- Reviews tasks daily to ensure they are completed within company timelines.
- Performs other projects as assigned by Management.
- 1+ year (s) of direct FC or mortgage servicing related experience
- Previous experience in law office preferred
- Must be a self-starter with excellent time management skills and be able to work independently.
- High school diploma, college degree preferred
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20191107221244_XGXZJ3CTMIEUZ4SO