Foreclosure Specialist (On-site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Foreclosure Specialist I must be organized and detail-oriented to monitor and process accounts that are in foreclosure.
- Completes pre-foreclosure reviews to ensure loans are referred for foreclosure based on company requirements.
- Completes, monitors progress and insures deadlines are met for invoice approval, foreclosure referrals, foreclosure bidding instructions and other tasks.
- Calculates and prepares reinstatement, payoff figures, and other debt information to attorneys.
- Responsible for timely processing of activities and responsiveness of alerts to ensure foreclosure timeline is met.
- Manages attorneys to ensure Foreclosure process is consistently progressing.
- Ensures accounts are properly documented with accurate and comprehensive status updates.
- Follows established company guidelines, department policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all investor requirements.
- Identify opportunities to shorten timelines, drive performance and minimize loss.
- Assist on other projects as assigned by Management.
- 1+ year (s) of direct foreclosure or mortgage servicing related experience preferred
- Proficiency of Black Knight/LPS preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities by maintaining a daily worklist in addition to other assignments.
- Good computer and internet skills.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent time management skills and be able to work with general supervision applying established procedures and specific standards.
High school diploma, college degree preferred
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.