Fulfillment Team Lead
Who We Are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 8th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Works with the Loss Mitigation and Fulfillment teams to minimize losses on delinquent mortgages by working according to investor guidelines to resolve delinquencies. Fulfillment Team Lead will be responsible for supporting the Fulfillment associates and leadership team to increase production and improve quality and efficiency. He/she will perform accurate and timely reviews/audits of critical Loss Mitigation processes. The Team Lead must be detail oriented, analytical, and a champion for quality production.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert for Fulfillment in various areas of the process
- Serves as an assistant to the supervisor in providing guidance, oversight and training to others in the group.
- 50% of Team Lead’s time will be dedicated to his/her own pipeline of work. These processes may include, but are not limited to: Underwriting, Pre-Foreclosure Referral Reviews, Pre-Foreclosure Sale Reviews, Hardest Hit Fund Reviews, Underwriting Denial QC, Modification Creation/QC, Completion of Loss Mitigation Certificates and Affidavits, Modification Booking and Recording, Triage QC, and Settling Modifications with GSE’s.
- Takes ownership of special projects related to departmental activities and provides regular, timely updates to impacted parties
- Handles escalations appropriately by providing an accurate and timely response
- Contributes to the progress of the department by understanding the measurements used to define success and how they can positively impact those measurements
- Provides creative ideas to improve processes
- Trains new and existing associates as needed
- Performs QC reviews of Fulfillment Specialist’s work and provides immediate feedback as needed
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2+ years of Loss Mitigation, collections or related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication and leadership with associates at all levels within the company as well as homeowners, investors etc. as needed. Must be able to think in an analytical manner to solve complex math/accounting problems
- Must possess the ability to read and understand a payment history
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced changing production environment that is deadline driven
- Demonstrated strong skill set for organization, leadership and attention to detail
- Understanding of mortgage lending and servicing
- High School Diploma required, college degree preferred but not required