Government Conveyance Coordinator
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Under minimal supervision the Government Conveyance Coordinator will be responsible for managing the properties to achieve ICC condition for conveyance, managing CWCOT auction files, and making executive decisions regarding an REOs disposition path. The Government Conveyance Coordinator will be responsible for the success of the disposition strategies, developing performance reporting, and creating proper controls around the process. As the team grows, the Government Conveyance Coordinator will manage junior level employees working on the process.
- Manage the disposition or conveyance of FHA, VA, and USDA REOs.
- Create, review and react to control reports.
- Ensure that Shellpoint and the investor have a clear understanding of the condition of the collateral and are making appropriate repairs.
- Reviews returned valuation reports for accuracy and completeness when there is deviation from expected norms or when there are other reasons to be suspicious of the report.
- Control both expenses to ensure non-reimbursable preservation expenses are minimized.
- Arranges for contractual services relating to property inspections, appraisers, etc., who may be involved in the inspection or evaluation of the property.
- Assists in managing relationships with and performance of appraisers, and vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of REO and Collateral Management or the Property Preservation Manager.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the on-going improvement of the Property Preservation department through sharing ideas and improvements with the team.
- Minimum two years valuations, preservation, or real estate experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellence in communication via telephone and written communication.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skill.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and mathematical skills to be used in directing decision-making.
- Basic understanding of Mortgage lending and servicing.
- Strong negotiation and follow-up skills, as well as the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Experience in late stage mortgage collections, including handling modifications, short sales, and Deeds in Lieu of Foreclosure is a plus.
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190611032944_AUS1VBVE5ANLDWCL