Government Reporting Analyst
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Government Reporting Analyst contributes to and oversees all monthly default reporting to government/GSE agencies such as Fannie Mae, Ginnie Mae, USDA, etc. The individual will leverage creative talents, excellent communication, Structured Query Language (SQL), analytic and project management skills to ensure all reporting is delivered timely and accurately.
- Be accountable for monthly reporting to multiple government agencies including FHA, VA, USDA and MHA.
- Be accountable for key operational risk-management metrics including investigating and coordinating the resolution of any operational issues that are discovered.
- Assist teammates in other government agency reporting to include Freddie and Fannie as well as PMI reporting and 3rd Party Client Reporting.
- Excel in a team-oriented, collaborative environment while contributing to the creation, design, and implementation of value-add business strategies that affect current operating practices and company policy.
- Exhibit strong communication and listening skills, focused on conveying new ideas to performance managers and understanding potential obstacles to implementation.
- Maintain a working knowledge of existing business processes and reporting.
- Retrieve data from the data warehouse structure.
- Be able to clearly articulate and present ideas and findings to a varied audience including the operations staff and senior management.
- Prior Experience with programming language required, SQL strongly preferred.
- Prior Experience reporting to government agencies in a mortgage environment strongly preferred.
- Strong business communication skills with an ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Showcase excellent problem solving, analytical, communication and customer-facing skills.
- Prior work experience performing business, data, and/or statistical analysis is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical or quantitative discipline, or related STEM field.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190610033245_N4UVHQWQFGQO8BUO