House Recovery Specialist - Collections
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The House Recovery Specialist I is responsible for negotiating, solving problems, and providing excellent customer service. As part of the Recovery House team, the House Recovery Specialist I will locate and contact homeowners across the country to collect on charged off secured and unsecured mortgage debt. The House Recovery Specialist I will manage House inventory accounts maintaining communication with customers, setting up payments and working settlements.
Manage house inventory.
Pursue solutions to resolve post charge-off and deficiency balance accounts.
Re-establish and maintain communication with customers to minimize company loss.
Build and cultivate relationships with the borrowers to help them find ways to make meeting their obligations possible according to the company’s standard.
Negotiate payoffs, settlements, and payment programs according to company guidelines.
Utilize all available skip tracing tools to locate our borrowers whose current contact information is inaccurate.
Achieve various numeric standards and goals for servicing accounts without sacrificing quality of service while adhering to state and federal (FDCPA/CFPB) guidelines and consistently representing the Company in a professional manner.
Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements
High School education required, greater preferred.
Experience: 2+ years collection experience preferred, with post charge off and/or deficiency balance collections experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
Ability to achieve set goals, meets deadlines, and work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
Knowledge of collection laws and processes
Persuasive and professional communication skills
Strong numeric aptitude, problem solving and analytical skills
Detailed self-starter who is motivated and organized
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.