Human Resources Business Partner
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 8th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
- Provide Human Resources consultation and support to a designated business unit or various business units within the organization. Responsible for partnering with managers and employees to provide professional, discrete and timely counsel regarding the interpretation and application of policies related to staff employment concerns. The group will partner with operational leadership with a focus on organizational and leadership effectiveness, talent planning and development, continuous improvement, change management, workforce planning, engagement and coaching.
- Manages, partners and provides expertise to the business with relation to the delivery of Human Resources support services to include employment practices, staffing, performance management, talent management, compensation, employee relations, benefits administration, training and career development in alignment with our Parent Company’s employee engagement strategy.
- Provide expertise in applying business knowledge in order for the business to execute workforce strategies and methods in alignment with enterprise goals and HR practices.
- Works collaboratively with employees and management in their designated business departments to assess and anticipate HR-related needs, communicating proactively with the HR department (training, recruiting, payroll, compensation, etc.) and their designated departments to develop integrated solutions that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
- Provide knowledge of the industry, competition and the business, to incorporate the role of HR into business plans and strategies, take appropriate actions and influence business response and strategy, able to contribute to the input of Enterprise vision/mission and organizational philosophy.
- Coach and mentor managers and supervisors and offer creative solutions to sensitive workforce issues using multi-disciplined approach. Assist in resolving complex HR issues across departmental boundaries. Effectively manage highly sensitive and volatile issues that impact multiple departmental organizations.
- Manage and facilitate projects related to workforce planning and management, employee engagement, as well as HR processes and practices.
- Evaluate and analyze data and information from HR and business reports to identify trends and partner to implement creative solutions to issues impacting the business. Identifies and investigates opportunities to integrate technology into effective business practices.
- Other job duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
Advanced University or Post Graduate degree is preferred.
5-7 years of HR Generalist experience, in all HR disciplines (talent acquisition, employee engagement, learning and development, labor relations).
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
- Ability to use professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways.
- Ability to use judgment, creativity and sound technical knowledge to obtain and recommend solutions.
- Strong communication skills: listening, verbal and written.
- Ability to manage performance, coach and mentor; provide training.
- Superior knowledge of employment law; independently manages complex ER issues.