In-line Bankruptcy Quality Assurance Specialist
Who We Are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 8th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
This position provides quality control, audit oversight and risk identification for the functions performed within Special Servicing division of Shellpoint. The auditor will work closely with the functional area managers.
- Assist in identifying operational risks and escalating issues to management.
- Performs reviews of all bankruptcy filings to ensure accuracy and compliance to Federal bankruptcy code
- Mitigate through review, identification and correction or inaccurate work to prevent internal, external and investor audit findings
- Recommend procedural changes and/or policy updates
- Identifies trends and potential training opportunities based on quality control oversight
- Researches and review accounts, items, or processes selected for audit
- Quality Assurance liaison with functional areas
- Provides on-site expertise to assist staff with bankruptcy processing
- Reviews and identifies areas of opportunity from trends in QA analysis, provides information to management on root cause analysis and trends
- Assist with generation of error reports and monthly reporting of QA key performance indicators
- Complete monthly work flow audits
- Maintain and improve quality results by following standards, identifying and recommending areas of improvement or additional oversight
- Participates in special projects for the department as assigned
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Able to effectively interact with managers and members of the functional areas including but not limited to Secured and Unsecured Bankruptcy.
- A self-motivated work style and a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet timelines
- Must possess excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of BKS, PACER, NDC, ILS, DMS
- Extensive knowledge of secured and unsecured Bankruptcy,
- Above average skills in quality and production rates
- Average MS Excel skills are required
- College degree or a combination of some college and relevant experience.