Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Supervisor of the Insurance Department directs the day-to-day operations of the Insurance functions within the Loan Administration Department. This includes responsibility for the monitoring of timely payments of insurance premiums; as well as, ensuring loan level data is accurately maintained. Perform all duties in accordance with the company guidelines, applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
Sr Insurance Specialist
Oversees execution of payments for hazard, flood, and lender-placed insurance premiums including daily funding and reconciliation of corporate accounts.
Monitors insurance tracking and escrow disbursements for the portfolio including the daily file exchange with the insurance vendor to ensure accuracy and completion.
Responsible for ensuring effective insurance coverage and see to the timely placement of lender-placed insurance for any exposure or insufficient policy risk.
Monitor all vendors involved in administering the insurance processes. This includes delivering monthly scorecards, SLA monitoring, and any out of standard performance reporting.
Solves problems rapidly and cost-effectively with minimal disruption.
Execute and maintain reports for external clients. Perform ad hoc queries as necessary with management approval.
Develop and maintain policies and procedures for all team functions.
Develop team goals and meet with associates monthly to discuss progress on goals, workflow performance, and ensure adherence to department expectations.
All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent mortgage experience
Minimum of 2+ years residential mortgage loan servicing experience
Minimum 1 year experience managing a team
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
Detail oriented with excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Flexible to changing priorities, project scopes, and deadlines at any given time.
Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Possess excellent communication (written and verbal).
Ability to effectively and accurately communicate with all levels within the organization.
Ability to make sound decisions based upon department, company policies, procedures, knowledge, and experience.
Knowledge of SQL (Preferred).
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.