Investor Accounting Analyst II (On-site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
We are building something amazing. If you are smart, analytical, detailed and ready to be a difference maker, we want you to come join us and build something great! With a focus on controls and accuracy, we will provide the ability to make an imprint on our automation, our strategy and direction.
The Investor Accounting Analyst II will prepare assigned monthly bank reconciliations of various clearing, PI, & TI custodial accounts for investors which could include FNMA, FHLMC, GNMA, or Private Portfolios. This person will be responsible for accounts with moderate and high levels of difficulty. This individual will provide guidance and oversight to less senior team members and help create and build process documentation, automation and analytical insights to ensure that we are consistently providing best in class service to our investors and customers.
- Prepare monthly cashbook and test of expected reconciliations for various investor custodial accounts, including Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae and Private portfolios
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of customer Escrow accounts
- Prepare daily / monthly reconciliations of Clearing accounts
- Researches and resolves loan and account variances and clears accounts in accordance with investor and regulatory guidelines
- Works with Investor Reporting team members to resolve items within the investors’ accounts
- Maintains and follows procedures and controls within the monthly process
- Assists with internal and external audits
- Heavy use of Microsoft excel for data analysis and reporting
- Handle ad-hoc reporting or research as directed by management.
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills important
- Strong math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs
- Investigate, reconcile, and provide timely resolution to all investor issues and reconciliation exceptions.
- Research operational, reporting, or data issues and present solutions or process improvements to management
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 2-4 years of Mortgage Servicing experience required; prior Investor Accounting experience preferred
- Advanced MS Excel experience required
- SQL or other database reporting experience preferred
- Servicing Director knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices
- Solid analytical skills, particularly regarding assessing the probability and impact of an internal control weakness.
- Working understanding of operational risks and related controls.
- Strong organizational and time management skills necessary
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R4303