Investor Accounting Manager
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Investor Accounting Manager will prepare assigned monthly reconciliations of various clearing, PT, & TI custodial accounts for investors which could include FNMA, FHLMC, GNMA, Private MBS or Special Servicing.
Reconcile daily cash collections.
Reconcile investor bank accounts.
Work closely with agency forms for custodial reconciliations.
Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by management.
7 + years of experience in Investor Reporting or Bank Reconciliations in Mortgage Banking.
Knowledge of the GSE bank reconciliation process for test of expected cash, pool to security balancing, and clearing account balance.
Experience with Fiserv, MSP, or similar system.
Expert skills in MS Excel, including the ability to utilize the following functions: V-Lookup, H-Lookup, Concatenating formulas, Conditional Formatting, and Pivot Tables.
Understanding of RegAB and USAP Guidelines.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.