Investor Reporting Analyst II
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The individual selected for the job will support the functions of the investor reporting department by conducting monthly reporting, remitting, and reconciliation as well as performing the internal setup needed to manage distinct loan deals as they are boarded into the servicing system.
- Conduct oneself in a manner that reflects positively on the company in general and the department in particular, including professional, timely, and detailed responses to internal and external communication, and arriving timely to all meetings and calls.
- Produce and deliver accurate monthly reports in a timely manner including but not limited to loan level invoice and remit files while meeting the contractual SLA for each investor with a high rate of accuracy. Report coding issues with reports to team lead.
- Work with external counterparts to correct or update any data or formatting issues in regards to a given monthly report to ensure client satisfaction.
- Initiate wire requests utilizing the ‘wire request tool’ for both internal and external money movement as it relates to the monthly files.
- Work with internal clients such as investor accounting and finance on all account reconciliation items including P&I, T&I, service fee, corporate advance, timing advance, and operating account reconciliations.
- Perform internal administrative tasks including InvestorID transfers, creating new InvestorIDs, request bank account setup for newly created InvestorIDs as directed by the loan boarding team.
- Compile individual wire requests into two daily wire batches deliverable to the accounting department.
- Strong business communication skills with an ability to work well in a collaborative environment including other internal departments.
- Experience working with GSE loans- specifically Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to multi-task and respond well to pressure and competing deadlines.
- Strong skills in Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, and other formulas).
- Fast learner - able to assimilate new ideas and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior work experience performing business, data, and/or statistical analysis is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical, quantitative, or financial discipline and one year of experience as an analyst in a financial setting (a graduate degree may be considered as contributing towards work experience).
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.