Investor Reporting Analyst
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Advanced Investor Reporting Analyst, within the Investor Servicing department, is responsible for assisting the Investor Servicing Controller with self-assessment preparation, review and follow-up; audit coordination, review and delivery; as well as a departmental coordination of management deliverables which include, but are not limited to, business review meetings and monthly departmental performance reporting. Additionally, serve as a point-of-contact and coordinator for departmental records retention and business continuity plans.
Prepare controlled self-assessments (CSA) of Investor Reporting, Investor Accounting and New Accounts.
Perform follow-up and verification of identified CSA issues to closure.
Assess compliance controls as a result of the controlled self-assessment and facilitate the implementation of controls to comply with regulatory and servicing guide requirements.
Maintain a program to review policies and procedures within the Investor Servicing department.
Coordinate quarterly reviews of system accesses as well as servicing system profiles for appropriateness to job description.
Assist the Controller with record retention and business continuity efforts.
Demonstrate flexibility to ever-changing business needs and requirements.
Possess an understanding of pooling and servicing agreements as well as GSE Servicing Guides.
Handle ad-hoc reporting or research as directed by management.
High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
2 - 4 years of Mortgage Servicing experience with 1 + years of Investor Reporting experience.
Intermediate MS Excel experience.
Fiserv experience preferred.
SQL or other database reporting experience.
Solid analytical skills, particularly in regard to assessing the probability and impact of an internal control weakness.
Proven ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders, learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically.
Strong communication skills in order to interact with Senior Management and other business units.
Working understanding of operational risks and related controls.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.