Investor Reporting Analyst
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Investor Reporting Analyst is responsible for the daily and monthly activities for the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae, or Private Investor portfolios, including reporting, remittances and reconciliation resolution.
- Responsible for daily and monthly activities for the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae or Private investor portfolios, including remittances, cutoff reporting and reconciliations.
- Prepares and reviews monthly investor reports and remittances along with related cash movements and accounting entries in accordance with agreements.
- Ensures that remittance wires are completed timely and accurately.
- Researches and resolves data issues, proposes solutions for future process enhancements.
- Facilitates remittance-related GL journal entries as required.
- Maintains and follows procedures and controls within the monthly process
- Assists with internal and external audits.
- Heavy use of Microsoft excel for data analysis and reporting.
- Researches variances and opens items identified through the reconciliation process.
- Handle ad-hoc reporting or research as directed by management.
- Performs related duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 0-2 years of Mortgage Servicing experience.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Intermediate to Expert MS Excel experience.
- SQL or other database reporting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices.
- Solid analytical skills, particularly in regard to assessing the probability and impact of an internal control weakness.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders, learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically.
- Strong communication skills in order to interact with Senior Management and other business units.
- Working understanding of operational risks and related controls.
- Strong organizational and time management skills necessary.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and shift priorities as appropriate to meet reporting deadlines and maintain reporting accuracy and analysis abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R5204