Investor Reporting Business Analyst II (On-Site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Investor Reporting Business Analyst II is responsible for daily and monthly activities that provide technical support and development for the reporting, remittance and reconciliation functions of our Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae, or Private investor portfolios.
This individual will provide guidance and oversight to more junior team members and help create and build process documentation, automation, and analytical insights to ensure that we are consistently providing best in class service to our investors and customers.
List of required duties below. Distinguish on-site duties with a *.
- Run monthly reports and deliver to business partners in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains and follows procedures and controls within the monthly process.
- Work with business partners to complete project requirements documents.
- Work with the team lead/manager to develop a project plan, ensuring all requirements are understood and the plan accounts for all requirements.
- Completes root cause analysis and resolves data issues.
- Proposes solutions for future process enhancements.
- Calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio, and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Assists with internal and external audits.
- Heavy use of Microsoft Excel and T-SQL for data analysis and reporting.
- Handle ad-hoc reporting or research as directed by management.
- Performs related duties as assigned by management.
*These essential functions are fundamental to the role, and must be performed on-site, as they cannot physically be performed remotely. In addition, the Company has determined that an in-person presence is important to critical components of our work, including oversight, training, collaboration, and productivity. Items not marked (*) as essential on-site, may still require partial on-site work to perform the role satisfactorily.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Technology preferred.
- 2-4 years’ experience in a business analysis role.
- 2-4 years of Mortgage Servicing experience required.
- Prior Investor Reporting experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Advanced MS Excel experience required.
- Visual Basic for Applications experience preferred.
- T-SQL or other database reporting experience required.
- SQL Server Integration Services experience preferred.
- Servicing Director knowledge a plus.
- Strong math skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices.
- Solid analytical skills, particularly regarding assessing the probability and impact of an internal control weakness.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders, learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically.
- Strong communication skills to interact with Senior Management and other business units.
- Working understanding of operational risks and related controls.
- Strong organizational and time management skills necessary.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and shift priorities as appropriate to meet reporting deadlines and maintain reporting accuracy and analysis abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
By applying to this position candidate acknowledges that this is not a remote role and is required to be on-site.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.