Investor Services Compliance Analyst (Onsite)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Investor Services Compliance Analyst is responsible for providing quality assurance reviews, conduct process audits and provides risk identification for all Investor Services processes. The job will entail reviewing monthly loan level invoice and remit files, and report coding.
The analyst will research and resolve issues and provide formal written responses within deadlines. The ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of all aspects of accounting, including all financial operations and processes. The job will require continuous learning and keeping up to date with the Regulations related to, but not limited to FNMA, FHLMC and GNMA.
- Initiate and implement effective auditing system to control all financial operations and processes.
- Create internal audit system for effective functioning of finance department.
- Assess and evaluate internal controls of accounting functions.
- Prepare audit reports on a periodic basis for the top management.
- Ensure completion of all audit programs on time.
- Guide and lead audit teams to achieve audit goals and objectives.
- Review and reconcile all customers, vendors, and ledger balances.
- Make appropriate corrections wherever necessary.
- Document all audit reports and findings for the top management.
- Implement best practices and procedures in all audit systems and accounting functions.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Four-year college degree preferred, or equivalent work experience will be considered
- Minimum of 2-3 years of audit or Investor Reporting experience required
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Must be extremely detail oriented, inquisitive, and have a passion for investigating and problem solving.
- Good written communication skills are needed, including good use of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- Advanced understanding of Mortgage and Consumer finance a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel
- Familiarity with Mortgage Servicing systems is preferred.
- Excellent work ethic and deadline driven.
- Follow up skills and a strong sense of accountability
- Must possess a short learning curve related to assimilation of new skills and tasks
- Superior organizational skills needed
- Ability to multi-task as well as quickly adapt to changing work assignments
- Math and analytical skills needed
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R5091