IT Servicing System Specialist
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The IT Servicing System Specialist role is assisting with processing of support tickets for the servicing system platform, ensuring all processing jobs complete correctly and timely, and work with the business units to resolve technical issues with the software.
- Follow all security guidelines and comply with all components of our privacy and security policies.
- Field incoming help requests for the servicing system from end users via telephone, e-mail or help desk portal in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contract information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from end users.
- Prioritize and schedule problems.
- Handle escalated problems from less experienced staff.
- Resolve all routine and most non-routine problems, escalating only most serious issues to the senior servicing systems admin.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, update knowledge bases and frequently asked questions resources on the Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software used by the organization.
- 2-4 related work experience required.
- Knowledge of basic software support.
- Experience with client and server systems.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Associates degree required.
* Three weeks’ PTO (paid time off) for vacation and sick days.
* Paid holidays.
* Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
* Short- and long-term disability insurance.
* Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
* 401k matching program.
* Performance-based annual bonuses.
* Advancement opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R979