IT Support Specialist
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Ensure proper desktop computer operation in the Tempe location so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests within established SLA’s. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as, require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
- Follow all security guidelines and comply with all components of our privacy and security policies.
- Field, document and process incoming communication (calls, web requests, instant messenger requests, emails, etc.) to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Provide mostly second level but also some first-level contact and incident resolution for users with hardware, software and application issues.
- Assemble, install, configure, repair and maintain computer hardware, peripherals and components.
- Coordinate and perform hands-on system modifications at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software and hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Follow procedures and policies for the documenting and handling of support (incident and request) cases. This includes meeting established SLA’s, accurate and timely logging of activities related to diagnosis and resolution of the issue which should include, but is not limited to, decisions made, actions taken and results of actions.
- Monitor and test system modifications to ensure issue or request is resolved.
- Identify and escalate issues, as necessary or required, to the appropriate support department and IT management.
- Provide off-hour on-call support for critical issues that would negatively impact business operations.
- Review and provide input on analysis of trends in end user requests and incidents to determine possible improvements in case handling, software configuration or other root causes.
- Work individually or conjunction with ITNC / Help Desk and Tempe Desktop Support, as dictated by the topic, to develop and disseminate help sheets, usage guides and FAQ lists for end users.
- Assist Greenville IT Management in working with Enterprise IT Services Demand Management, Infrastructure, Networking, and Telecomm teams to a) maintain IT services and equipment for Tempe end-users or b) identify and deploy new systems technologies to aid the Default management in obtaining their business goals.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of computer equipment, parts, tools and supplies. Utilize asset management systems to track inventory per guidelines.
- Provide facilities support for the local site which may require interactions with vendors and location landlord. Additionally it may require staging and installing a variety of office furniture (desks, chairs, workstations, white boards, cubicles, etc.).
- Work as part of a team to provide services to the end user community.
- Other tasks or responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Communicates with vendors, development and other technical staff as necessary to complete each stage of the project life cycle.
- Follows all security guidelines and complies with all components of our privacy and security policies.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of all project work.
- Help Desk or equivalent end-user support experience.
- Have working knowledge of LAN/WAN architecture and MS operating systems.
- Working knowledge and experience with Avaya Telecomm systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Able to proficiently analyze and document customer requirements of varying complexity.
- Must be comfortable working in ambiguous and / or stressful situations.
- Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly and capacity to handle multiple tasks are often required in this position
- Must possess both strong operations and IT mindset, and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic environment but at the same time able to be a team player.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven problem-solving, analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
- Either of the following certifications:
1) Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician or
2) Certification (MCDST) or A+ certification
- ITIL training and certification.
- Knowledge of SCSM or other Help Desk Software
- Work Conditions
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle computer components.
- Lifting, transporting and installing moderately heavy objects (up to 50 lbs), such as computers, peripherals and cubicle parts.
- After hours/weekend support for projects and/or maintenance are sometimes required
- Up to 10% local travel and 5% travel to other non-local offices
- Either of the following certifications:
- College or university degree in the field of computer science, information technology or related field, or significant experience in the field
- Currently pursuing a degree in a Science, Technology or Engineering
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190826171102_0OSORHVHFXH0F5RU