IT Support Specialist
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The IT Service Desk Specialist role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as, require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Follow all security guidelines and comply with all components of our privacy and security policies.
Field incoming help requests from end users via telephone, e-mail or help desk portal in a courteous manner.
Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contract information, and nature of problem or issue.
Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
Prioritize and schedule problems.
Handle escalated problems from less experienced staff.
Resolve all routine and most non-routine problems, escalating only most serious issues to the senior technician.
Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
2-4 related work experience required.
Knowledge of basic computer hardware.
Experience with desktop and server operating systems.
Good written and oral communication skills.
Good interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening and questioning skills.
Strong documentation skills.
Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
Highly self-motivated and directed.
Keen attention to detail.
Good problem-solving abilities.
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Exceptional customer service orientation.
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Sitting for extended periods of time.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals (up to 60lbs).
Associates degree or related job exprience.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.