Junior Loan Processor (Temporarily remote)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage (NewRez - Sister company) Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
- 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1stanniversary!
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Casual Workplace
- Employee Engagement Activities
- Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
- Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with company match!
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Pet Insurance
The main focus of the Junior Processor is to process and prepare loans.
- Communicates actively w/ any third parties
- Processes all loan files pursuant to the NPF pre-closing checklist
- Prepares loan for Processing Manager sign-off review
- Prepares loan file for final clear to close with Underwriting
- Communicates any and all loan changes to Sales
- Communicates with Sales team in a timely manner
- Works in conjunction w/ Sales to ensure every loan in their pipeline is moving through the process
- Maintains daily workflow prioritization
- Coordinates all closing requests from Sales to the appropriate departments
- Follows loan through funding process
- Participates in a structured, hands-on training and development program with advancement opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- 1-3 years' call center or mortgage experience
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must work well in a team environment
- Detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office
- Able to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines