Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Liquidation Coordinator will be responsible for establishing contact, communicating and negotiating with borrowers, investors, title companies, vendors and real estate agents, via verbal and written means, in an attempt to resolve at-risk mortgages. The Liquidation Coordinator’s responsibility is to process and help facilitate liquidation based Loss Mitigation options from the time a lead is generated until completion of such LM solution. This role entails daily interactions with Realtors, Title companies, vendors, homeowners and Loss Mitigation Specialists; specifically, the Liquidation Coordinator negotiates liens/judgements and vacate dates when working on a Deed-in-Lieu as well as the terms of the sale transaction when working on a Short Sale.
- Handles multiple mortgage products that are 60+ days delinquent, as governed by investor, departmental and legal guidelines
- Keeps servicing files up-to-date so borrowers can receive the best assistance
- Minimizes loss due to foreclosure through the use of liquidation based loss mitigation options, such as pre-foreclosure sales and Deeds-in-Lieu of Foreclosure.
- Arranges for contractual services relating to property inspections, appraisers, real estate agents, etc., who may be involved in the inspection or evaluation of the property.
- Reviews title searches to ensure that no title issues threaten the standing of our investor’s lien on the property
- Makes calls to borrowers, borrowers’ authorized representatives, and brokers
- Addresses any borrower or third-party question or concern. Handles escalated files appropriately by providing an articulate and complete response
- Contributes to the progress of the department by understanding the measurements used to define success and how they can positively impact those measurements
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum 1+ years of Loss Mitigation, collections or related mortgage servicing experience
- Real Estate experience preferred, but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellence in consulting and advising customers via telephone and written communication
- Applicants being considered for a Liquidation Coordinator role should be prepared to obtain a Mortgage Loan Originator License which will be paid for by the company.
- High School Diploma required, college degree preferred but not required
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190826170800_XZ7UIUGR8F3NLCQV