Loan Administration Quality Assurance Specialist I
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Loan Administration QA Specialist is responsible for coordinating and evaluating all audits presented to Loan Administration, administering the QA program established for management of all control reporting, facilitating all investor-required audit reporting, administering data inputs for bonus compensation programs tied to objective measures, and completing scorecard programs as assigned, for vendors as well as associates and teams. The QA Specialist will also have responsibility for updating department P&Ps and helping to create and maintain department training materials and desktop procedures.
Receive and track all audits that come to the Loan Administration Department, recording them in an audit log, assigning all deliverables to the right people, and following up with those people to ensure timely delivery of the audit items on or before the audit deadline.
Ensure timely delivery of any monthly reporting, routing them to the appropriate parties as needed.
Evaluate audit deliverables against the audit requirements to ensure professional presentation, clarity of identification of the support being provided, and completion of the items being audited, ensuring no items required are missing.
Administer all scorecards in the department to fill them out according to criteria established by department management.
Utilizing control reporting provided by the Loan Administration Analyst, ensure reporting of any out of standard items from the Loan Administration Control Log that exceed the indicated TATs input into each report.
Administer all investor-required audit self-reporting programs, ensuring accuracy of the data requested and timely remittance to the appropriate parties as directed.
Provide data inputs for any bonus compensation programs that are tied to objective/reportable measures.
Work with department managers and SMEs to ensure all published policies and procedures remain current and receive annual updates, as well as updates as needed based on changes.
Work with department managers and SMEs to create and maintain department training materials and desktop procedures, utilizing process workflows and other graphics as required to best facilitate the presentation of the material.
As assigned by the Sr. Director of Loan Administration, keep the department Deck updated and accurate, providing edits or additions as needed.
Weekly reporting to management
All other duties as assigned
Basic understanding of the Loan Administration Department, its various sub-groups, and the regulatory environment in which it operates.
Deadline-driven and highly organized/responsive. Able to drive for results while forging a collaborative working relationship with all necessary business partners, internal as well as vendor-based.
Excellent work ethic, high productivity, and acute attention to detail a must.
Ability to research and comprehend state laws and regulations.
Short learning curve to assimilate new skills and tasks.
Superior written and verbal communication, and follow up skills as well as a strong sense of accountability. Technical writing experience helpful.
Ability to multi-task and well organized.
Visio and PowerPoint skills preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably (but not required) in a business-related field, or commensurate business experience.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.