Loan Inquiry Specialist
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 8th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Inquiry team specialist is responsible for responding to written correspondence.
- Review and address all inbound work received from assigned work queues and tasks. Pull tasks from the Loan Servicing Share Point site and process requests/update accounts.
- Research and respond in writing to non-mortgage disputes/ complaints/validation of debt/ACDV’s
- Research and respond in writing to qualified written requests (according to RESPA), for Mortgage accounts
- Reach out to other departments to research tasks related to the inquiry to ensure an accurate response.
- Ensure that responses are sent within the 30-day required timeline.
- Assist in the Onbase work queues when their inquiry worklist is caught up.
- Advanced understanding of Mortgage and Consumer finance a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Access needed
- Familiarity with ILS/DMS needed
- Excellent work ethic, high productivity, and acute attention to detail needed
- Must possess a short learning curve related to assimilation of new skills and tasks
- Superior written and verbal communication, follow up skills and a strong sense of accountability a must
- Superior organizational skills needed
- Ability to multi-task as well as quickly adapt to changing work assignments
- College degree preferred but not required
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20191120160710_DLLB9MMJIO1JZ7D6