Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
A loan processor with experience running DU/LP and have worked with multiple types of underwriting guidelines efficiently. This person will handle the processing of assumption of Mortgages. You will work with the servicing side of the business and Underwriters to be a significant part of the decision-making team to ensure that business is done properly and provide superior customer service.
- Reading and reviewing financial documents in order to make sound financial decisions
- Working directly with underwriters and loan officers to understand the financial picture of the customer
- Working with FHA/VA and Conventional loans
- Interacting with Customer Service to coordinate the approval process and make it as efficient as possible
- Apply your skills and experience to insure proper compliance and adhere to industry regulations and standards
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures
- Experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Solid understanding of the economics related to the origination, sale and servicing of residential mortgage loans Solid understanding of the risk elements related to the origination, sale and servicing of residential mortgage loans Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Professional written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, with relevant business experience preferred.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20191004040358_HGUJS9CPFJEIFF7S