Loan Servicing Manager
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 8th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Loan Servicing Manager is responsible for overseeing the, Loan Servicing team. Their span of control can include loan servicing staff, universal team members, CRT and Loan Inquiry team. In addition, they will be the single point of contact for identified clients. They will be responsible for responding to their direct calls or emails, and be the liaison in coordinating efforts to resolve their concerns. They must monitor tasks and assignments on a daily basis and be accountable for compliance with deadlines and service level agreements.
- Manage and supervise team of loan servicing, CRT, Universal and loan inquiry team members across three locations (Greenville, Houston and Tempe)
- Oversee Loan Servicing inboxes and worklists, ensuring team is meeting set KPIs
- Establish goals and expectations for Loan Servicing employees.
- Be the point of contact for identified clients and quickly respond to any requests for resolving their issues/concerns. Communicate and coordinate efforts with appropriate departments and follow through to resolution.
- Coordinate training for new hires.
- Serve as a central contact for loan servicing and help with questions within the team or from other departments.
- Maintain expert knowledge of all Loan Servicing processes and practices, and assist with updating written procedures.
- Monitor work volumes, reporting on results as well as forecasting for future needs.
- Set goals, conduct annual reviews, address training and disciplinary issues, and approve timecards and time off requests with direct reports.
- Assist on any special projects assigned by management.
- Must possess a positive and helpful attitude, and be able to behave as a role model when supervising and coaching team members.
- General management skills required, including strong organizational, communication and leadership skills (preferably in a production environment)
- Strong written communication skills and knowledge of the English language. Acute attention to detail, research and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced understanding of Mortgage and Regulations.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel
- Familiarity with mortgage/loan Servicing Systems
- Excellent work ethic and strong sense of accountability.
- Must possess a short learning curve related to assimilation of new skills and tasks
- Ability to multi-task as well as quickly adapt to changing work assignments
- Ability to travel to multiple worksites (responsibility over Greenville, Houston and Tempe sites)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required, or equivalent experience.