Loan Servicing Specialist/Customer Service
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 8th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Loan Servicing Specialist is responsible for supporting the Special Servicing Division by researching and resolving customer disputes, complaints, and inquiries. They will also provide account maintenance and administrative support, responding to written correspondence, and allowing other areas of the division to focus on recovery efforts.
- Review and address emails from other members of the Special Servicing Division, process changes and account updates.
- Review and address emails and faxes from borrowers and attorneys, make the appropriate updates/indexing to accounts.
- Retrieve faxes from MERS and process legal documents/update lien information.
- Pull tasks from the Loan Servicing Share Point site and process requests/update accounts.
- Set up ACH plans when authorization forms are received.
- Mail sorting/ processing/ distribution.
- Research and respond in writing to non-mortgage disputes/ complaints/validation of debt/ACDV’s
- Research and respond in writing to qualified written requests (according to RESPA), for Mortgage accounts
- Retrieve and record voicemails
- Maintain knowledge of escrow and be able to assist Collectors/CS agents with questions regarding escrow.
- Assist with inbound and collection calls when needed.
- Advanced understanding of Mortgage and Consumer finance a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Access needed
- Familiarity with ILS/DMS and AMCS needed
- Excellent work ethic, high productivity, and acute attention to detail needed
- Must possess a short learning curve related to assimilation of new skills and tasks
- Superior written and verbal communication, follow up skills and a strong sense of accountability a must
- Superior organizational skills needed
- Ability to multi-task as well as quickly adapt to changing work assignments
- College degree preferred but not required