Loan Servicing Specialist (On-Site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Loan Servicing Specialist is responsible for supporting the Special Servicing Division by providing account maintenance and administrative support, responding to written correspondence, and allowing other areas of the division to focus on recovery efforts.
- Review and address all inbound work received from assigned work queues and tasks. Pull tasks from the Loan Servicing Share Point site and process requests/update accounts.
- Set up ACH plans when authorization forms are received.
- Mail sorting, processing, and distribution.
- Handle daily account maintenance for clients/investors including name changes, address updates, complaints or inquiries from any homeowners and necessary notations.
- Process all documents pertaining but not limited to court rulings, probate documents, marriage, and divorce as well as death certificates, etc.
- Performs related duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- 0 - 1 years of relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Excellent work ethic, high productivity, and acute attention to detail needed.
- Must possess a short learning curve related to assimilation of new skills and tasks.
- Superior written and verbal communication, follow-up skills and a strong sense of accountability a must.
- Superior organizational skills needed.
- Ability to multi-task as well as quickly adapt to changing work assignments.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.