Loan Servicing Specialist
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Loan Servicing Specialist is responsible for supporting the Special Servicing Division by providing account maintenance and administrative support, responding to written correspondence, and allowing other areas of the division to focus on recovery efforts.
Review and address all inbound work received from assigned work queues and tasks.
Pull tasks from the Loan Servicing Share Point site and process requests/update accounts.
Set up ACH plans when authorization forms are received.
Mail sorting/ processing/ distribution.
Research and respond in writing to non-mortgage disputes/ complaints/validation of debt/ACDV’s
Research and respond in writing to qualified written requests (according to RESPA), for Mortgage accounts
Retrieve and record voicemails
Maintain knowledge of escrow and be able to assist Collectors/CS agents with questions regarding escrow.
Assist with inbound calls when needed.
Advanced understanding of Mortgage and Consumer finance a plus
Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Access needed
Familiarity with ILS/DMS and AMCS needed
Excellent work ethic, high productivity, and acute attention to detail needed
Must possess a short learning curve related to assimilation of new skills and tasks
Superior written and verbal communication, follow up skills and a strong sense of accountability a must
Superior organizational skills needed
Ability to multi-task as well as quickly adapt to changing work assignments
Monday- Friday 8am-5pm
College degree preferred but not required
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.