Loan Servicing Supervisor
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Loan Servicing Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the Loan Servicing team. Their direct reports can include loan servicing staff, universal team members, CRT and Loan Inquiry team. They will be responsible for responding to their direct calls or emails and be the liaison in coordinating efforts to resolve their concerns. They must monitor tasks and assignments on a daily basis and be accountable for compliance with deadlines and service level agreements.
- Supervise loan servicing employees and establish a tracking and reporting system to measure performance.
- Manage related tasks, work lists and deadlines every day, and establish goals and expectations for team members.
- Communicate and coordinate efforts with appropriate departments and follow through to resolution.
- Monitor loan servicing inboxes. Responsible for checking reports related to those identified tasks and meeting identified deadlines.
- Help proof-read letters when needed, provide coaching and take advantage of training opportunities with the writers.
- Train additional staff to handle the loan servicing items in various mailboxes and tasks.
- Serve as a central contact for loan servicing and help with questions within the team or from other departments.
- Maintain expert knowledge of all Loan Servicing processes and practices, and assist with updating written procedures.
- Set goals, conduct annual reviews, address training and disciplinary issues, and approve time cards and time off requests with direct reports.
- Must possess a positive and helpful attitude, and be able to behave as a role model when supervising and coaching team members.
- Strong written communication skills and knowledge of the English language. (Degree in English or writing experience is a plus).
- Acute attention to detail, research and problem solving skills.
- Advanced understanding of Mortgage and Regulations.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel
- Familiarity with mortgage/loan Servicing Systems
- Excellent work ethic and strong sense of accountability.
- Must possess a short learning curve related to assimilation of new skills and tasks
- Ability to multi-task as well as quickly adapt to changing work assignments
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required, or equivalent experience.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20191106170036_OYCLGD2V9ZTRVXTU