Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The main focus of this role is to perform underwriting of FHA, VA assumptions including a detailed review of the residential mortgage loan application and documentation as submitted to ensure loans meet underwriting guidelines as established by NewRez and its investors.
- Approves or rejects FHA, VA assumptions from set criteria by the agency.
- Analyzes borrower’s credit profile, collateral and capacity to repay the proposed mortgage obligation.
- Ensures loans meet NewRez, agency and government guidelines.
- Accurately calculates borrower’s income and debt-to-income ratios based on acceptable NewRez and agency practices.
- Documents lending decisions and completes required screens in the loan origination system that include accurate completion and creating applicable conditions on the loan approval.
- Run, reads and interprets automated underwriting decision results from both Desktop Underwriter and Loan Prospector.
- Reviews conditions submitted on loans and sign off on conditions where appropriate.
- Keeps informed of current and acceptable underwriting practices.
- Communicates loans decisions to clients/internal departments in a timely fashion and ensures compliance deadlines are met with regards to pre-disclosures, approval letters, denial notices, and counteroffers.
- Works closely with processing and/or account management to answer specific loan questions, to answer specific conditions or documentation requested and to resolve problems.
- Maintains and cultivates an effective working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Prioritizes work queue to ensure service level agreements are met.
- Consistently meets or exceeds established minimum productivity and quality goals.
- Provides quality control responses in a timely manner.
- Acts as a role model of the company’s values, acting in an ethical and professional manner at all times.
- Embraces company culture
- Prefer 4 years of residential loan underwriting experience
- Strong processing background preferable
- High school diploma required
- College diploma preferred
- Working knowledge of any of the following Business Intelligence products: Microsoft Reporting Services, Business Objects, Micro strategy, Active Reports, or FRX
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements
- Leadership / presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to make risk based lending decisions supported with relevant data and research
- Detail oriented
- Knowledgeable with MS Office
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, with relevant business experience preferred.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20191004035722_ERKBGSHFGCUQHW4J