Loss Draft Claims Specialist (On-Site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Loss Draft Claims Specialist will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of the loss draft claims functions. The employee will assist with training team members, monitoring internal and vendor reporting, timely processing of day-to-day processes. The Loan Administration Department is also responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and investor guidelines.
Completing assigned responsibilities timely and with minimal to no errors.
Respond to various email requests from the vendor and internal partners.
Solves problems rapidly and cost-effectively with minimal disruption.
Provide accurate communication with vendors.
All other duties and special projects as assigned.
Minimum of 3+ years residential mortgage loan servicing experience.
Minimum of 1-year experience working with and training team members.
Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Flexible to changing priorities, project scopes, and deadlines at any given time.
Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Proficient with SQL.
Possess excellent communication (verbal & written).
Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization effectively and accurately.
Ability to make sound decisions based upon department, company policies, procedures, knowledge, and experience.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent mortgage experience.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.