Loss Mitigation Fulfillment Specialist I (On-site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Loss Mitigation Fulfillment Specialist I is responsible for maintaining timely processing for various administrative aspects of Loss Mitigation Fulfillment workflow to include production, intake and review of Modifications, Partial Claims, Deferments, and any other applicable Loss Mitigation documents. Assists with underwriting, modification processing, and recordation of documents as required by various jurisdictions, processing pre-foreclosure evaluations, and providing a second look review for any denied workout and performing reviews for any in-flight workouts for transferred loans.
- Timely intake and system documentation of Modification, Partial Claim and Deferment documents received
- Provide instruction to Cash department with specifics for booking Modifications, Partial Claims and Deferments and ensure all terms are correctly updated within the servicing system
- Perform pre-foreclosure reviews for qualifying accounts to ensure all reasonable efforts to avoid foreclosure have been met according to regulatory guidelines
- Produce Loss Mitigation Certification documents when required for Foreclosure actions to proceed
- Perform Pre-sale reviews prior to foreclosure sale and provide documentation thereof
- Send Modification documents to the appropriate jurisdiction for recording within required timeframes
- Send recorded collateral documents to document custodian once recorded within investor guidelines
- Perform review to ensure proper status for any in-flight transferred loan
- Performs related duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- A 4-year college degree in Business Administration or another analytical field preferred
- 1 years’ experience in Mortgage Servicing or an Accounting field preferred
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Excellent Mathematical Skills
- Knowledge of Loss Mitigation program guidelines
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R3727