Loss Mitigation Quality Specialist I
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
Fulfillment Specialist I will be responsible for performing accurate and timely reviews/audits of critical Loss Mitigation processes. The Specialist must be detail oriented, analytical, and a champion for quality production. The Fulfillment Specialist I will complete various processes on loans that are delinquent. These processes include, but are not limited to: Underwriting, Pre-Foreclosure Referral Reviews, Pre-Foreclosure Sale Reviews, Hardest Hit Fund Reviews, Underwriting Denial QC, Modification Creation/QC, Completion of Loss Mitigation Certificates and Affidavits, Modification Booking and Recording, QC of Inflight Transfers, and Settling Modifications with GSE’s.
- Handles multiple mortgage products that are 60+ days delinquent, as governed by investor, departmental and legal guidelines
- Keeps servicing files up-to-date and moving through the process timely to ensure homeowners and investors receive best in class service
- Minimizes loss due to foreclosure
- Reviews title searches to ensure that no title issues threaten the standing of our investor’s lien on the property
- Available to make calls as needed to title companies, investors, homeowners or authorized third parties. Analyzes financial statements, tax returns, credit reports, and the value of the collateral to determine and recommend the most feasible and appropriate workout for the homeowner
- Accurately underwrites the homeowner’s income, through the review of paystubs, tax documents, benefit statements, business profit and loss statements, etc.
- Contributes to the progress of the department by understanding the measurements used to define success and how they can positively impact those measurements
- Certifies that all required actions have taken place prior to referring and or completing a foreclosure sale
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures
- Accurately access an issue and offer solutions to resolve the issue
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complete ongoing training to stay up to date on industry standards/applicable laws and regulations
- Minimum 1+ years of Loss Mitigation, collections, accounting or related mortgage servicing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellence in written and verbal communication with associates at all levels within the company as well as homeowners, investors etc. as needed. Must be able to think in an analytical manner to solve complex math/accounting problems
- Must possess the ability to read and understand a payment history
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced changing environment that is deadline driven.
- High School Diploma required, college degree preferred but not required