Loss Mitigation Supervisor
9:00 am- 6:00 pm, Monday- Friday
Works with the Loss Mitigation team to minimize losses on delinquent mortgages by working according to investor guidelines.
- Provide guidance and leadership for management and staff. Lead and mentor staff to develop and reinforce skills, improve processes and procedures, and increase overall effectiveness.
- Supervises the analysis of financial statements, tax returns, credit reports, valuation reports, and title reports in order to approve the appropriate resolution for the customer
- Tracks, monitors, and measures employee performance according to department standards. Provides feedback monthly.
- Oversees and facilitates the training of new employees
- Maintains training and support materials for the Loss Mitigation Specialist job
- Maintain process and procedure documentation for the Loss Mitigation team, create process and procedure documentation where it doesn’t currently exits
- Ensure that the appropriate entity (yourself, a client, or mortgage insurance company) has reviewed and approval a Loss Mitigation Workout
- Oversees the day-to-day tasks and performance of the Loss Mitigation Specialists
- Assists in the control of company expenses through intelligent use of funds to resolve accounts and managing staffing and miscellaneous costs
- Arranges for contractual services relating to property inspections, appraisers, real estate agents, etc., who may be involved in the inspection or evaluation of the collateral.
- Schedules and monitors of all employee time records
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures
- Undertakes special projects related to departmental activities and performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 1 year of Loss Mitigation experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years supervisory experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellence in consulting and advising customers via telephone and written communication
- A basic understanding of Collections. Foreclosure, Bankruptcy and REO is required
- Experience analyzing financial statements, tax returns, credit reports, home appraisals, title searches and other documents to evaluate pre-foreclosure remedies
- Demonstrated strong skill set for organization and attention to detail
- Strong negotiating and follow-up skills, as well as the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Self-Motivated. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical, problem solving and mathematical skills to be used to improve team’s performance
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Understanding of mortgage lending and servicing
- High School Diploma required, college degree preferred but not required
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20191122183234_0RQMKEHV3IQW79IL