Manager - Customer Service
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 8th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
Directly assists the Director in the daily operations and makes sure the assets under their leadership perform to acceptable levels set forth by upper management.
- Provides guidance and leadership for subordinate supervisors.
- Oversees all inbound call related functions Develops, leads, and mentors all team members to reinforce skills and increase department effectiveness.
- Reviews daily production and performance results and addresses successes and failures.
- Sets hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly goals for teams and for the individual team members.
- Schedules floor wide weekend manager coverage during weekends when employees are present.
- Monitors and reviews inbound call stats daily Monitors inbound phone loops and manages the skills in which agents are assigned,
- Develops and manages inbound call processes and process flows.
- Tracks results of work efforts to assure desired levels of production and efficiency are achieved.
- Adjusts strategies where required to account for inbound trending and/or for new portfolio acquisition.
- Monitors employee levels and determines when additional employees are needed to keep appropriate levels of customer service. As well monitors staffing needs.
- Interviews new employees as needed and facilitates the training and incorporation into the team.
- Manages fixed and variable inbound cost.
- 10 years’ experience in collections or customer service, , or related industry with 5 years of direct employee supervisory experience.
- General management skills required including strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills, preferably in a production environment.
- Experience in a call center environment, Ability to train and motivate employees.
- Strong excel and computer related skills required.
- Able to work with deadlines and complete projects on time.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Proficiency in data management.
- Familiarity with the compliance requirements of FDCPA.
- Moderate analytical skills.
- College degree preferred but not required