Manager - Foreclosure (On - Site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Manager - Foreclosure will ensure that the Foreclosure Department is running efficiently with regard to processes, procedures, and metrics. Directly manages Foreclosure Supervisors in project monitoring, performance evaluations, goal setting and all other personnel matters.
- Supervisor - Foreclosure
- Team Lead - Foreclosure
- Foreclosure Specialists
- Document Verification Specialists
- Manages the oversight of the foreclosure group.
- Ensures that process documentation is complete and accurate.
- Acts as a liaison with internal business partners to ensure timely and accurate processing of foreclosure actions.
- Develops new and maintains existing dashboards and metrics for foreclosure processes.
- Uses reporting to manage the team and makes changes to reporting when necessary.
- Provides detailed reporting on foreclosure processes under management which will aid in fine tuning the existing programs.
- Coaches and develops Foreclosure Supervisors to ensure appropriate oversight of foreclosure-related processes and development of future leaders.
- Works closely with our internal audit team as well as our compliance team to develop and manage to proficient foreclosure processes.
- Conducts regular meetings with external clients to review pipeline, progress, impediments, and potential resolution options with investor and/or client contacts.
- Oversees critical business processes to confirm timely resolution of high-risk items.
- Reviews audit reports with team for training purposes.
- Performs related duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 6-8 years direct foreclosure or mortgage servicing related experience required.
- 2+ years’ experience managing people required.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Project management and problem-solving skills.
- SQL experience is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office- Outlook and Excel.
- FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, and USDA mortgage servicing experience required.
- Ability to pull data as well as analyze it in order to build stronger legal programs.
- Strong reporting skills
- Excellent process management skills
- Strong Organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.