Manager - Loss Mitigation
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Loss Mitigation Manager oversees the day to day operation of the department and takes responsibility for producing high volume and high quality work while adhering to investor guidelines.
- Oversees the day-to-day tasks and performance of Loss Mitigation
- Acts as a liaison with other departments to foster efficiency and high quality output.
- Undertakes special projects related to departmental activities and performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with all Investor guidelines and quality controls are in place to protect Shellpoint and its clients
- Provide positive leadership and coaching, including performance measurements, appraisals and other actions impacting employee job related functions
- Evaluates job performance continually and provides on-going coaching
- Maintains, update and create process and procedure documentation for the Loss Mitigation team.
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports and monitor time frames and work performance
- Directs change within the department. Promotes an attitude of optimism and progress.
- Prepares and presents workflow and results to Senior Management and clients as needed
- Assists in the control of company expenses through intelligent use of funds to resolve accounts and managing staffing and miscellaneous costs.
- Ensure department policies and procedures are maintained and timely updates are submitted. Continually review and refine processes to ensure efficiency and accuracy
- Provide positive leadership and coaching, including performance measurements, appraisals and other actions impacting employee job related functions.
- Minimum of 1 year of Loss Mitigation experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years supervisory experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in SQL a plus.
- Excellence in consulting and advising customers via telephone and written communication.
- Understanding of collections. Foreclosure, bankruptcy and REO experience preferred.
- Experience analyzing financial statements, tax returns, credit reports, home appraisals, title searches and other documents to evaluate a pre-foreclosure remedies.
- Demonstrated strong skill set for organization and attention to detail.
- Self-Motivated. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and mathematical skills to be used in financial counseling and evaluation and interpretation of complex information.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Understanding of mortgage lending and servicing, particularly late stage collections, modifications and short sales.
- Strong negotiating and follow-up skills, as well as the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- High School Diploma required, college degree preferred but not required
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.