Manager - Mortgage Insurance
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Manager of the Mortgage Insurance Department directs the day to day operations of the private and government mortgage insurance functions. This includes responsibility for the monitoring of mortgage insurance line setup, timely payment of mortgage insurance premiums as well as accurate and timely PMI removal in accordance with applicable investor and regulatory guidelines.
- Oversees mortgage insurance line setup and tracking for the portfolio.
- Oversees execution of payments for PMI/FHA/USDA premiums in batch and single processing modes according to the renewal and installment due dates for the particular payee.
- Oversees the PMI cancellation and termination process.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with all mortgage insurance vendors, FHA and USDA.
- Responsible for research and resolution of escalated issues.
- Ensure team follows and maintains compliance with various investor protocols, RESPA and all state and federal regulations relating to the servicing of mortgage insurance.
- Responsible for managing incoming new issue findings, remediation plan response and closure, along with detailed, weekly reporting summarizing progress.
- Manage the department budget to ensure adherence to all financial goals. Identify areas for cost savings.
- Execute and maintain reports for external clients. Perform ad hoc queries as necessary, with management approval
- Has direct meetings/relationships with varying levels of staff to accomplish MI initiatives which may include cross-departmental projects.
- Point of contact for system, IT and Compliance related projects. Provides specifications, test scenarios and verification of data as it is related to IT or Compliance related projects.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for all business processes
- Develop team goals and meet with associates quarterly to administer scorecard evaluations and ensure adherence to department expectations.
- Management of routine staffing, hiring, coaching, and personnel management, ensuring productive and accurate execution of all business processes.
- Meet all required deadlines and think outside the box to solve problems.
- Solves problems rapidly and cost-effectively with minimal disruption.
- All other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years Loan Servicing with Escrow/Mortgage Insurance preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience managing a team
- General mortgage servicing system and MI vendor website knowledge required.
- Advanced, proficient knowledge of MS Office tools required.
- Knowledge of SQL helpful; familiar with working in a data warehouse environment
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements preferred
- Strong leadership/presentation skills preferred.
- Graduation for a 4-year college or university with major coursework in a discipline related to the requirements of the position is preferred. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience and education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job.