Manager- Property Preservation
The Property Preservation Manager works with the Property Preservation team to oversee the timely and accurate maintenance and preservation of appropriate assets according to Investor Guidelines and all Regulatory Regulations throughout the life cycle of mortgage servicing. The Manager is responsible for the Management of Vendors nationwide to assess the occupancy and condition of all properties and determine appropriate actions to preserve collateral, including working with city and state municipalities and organizations as necessary.
- Provide guidance and leadership for management and staff. Lead and mentor staff to develop and reinforce skills, improve processes and procedures, and increase overall effectiveness
- Manage all Field Services vendors to ensure their adherence to Federal, State, Investor and Internal requirements and take appropriate action when necessary to correct deficiencies
- Oversee the creation of formal vendor performance scorecards and facilitate monthly performance discussions
- Arrange for contractual services relating to inspections, appraisers, etc
- Coordinate the review and appropriate reaction(s) to Inspection, Occupancy and Damage Reports
- Manage the timely and accurate updating of system/ files to ensure company and the investor have a clear understanding of the condition of the collateral
- Ensure that code violations are remediated timely - coordinating preservation contractors, investors, municipalities, and attorneys to resolve the violation
- Assist in the control of company expenses through intelligent use of funds to resolve accounts, manage staffing and misc costs
- Undertake special projects related to departmental activities and performs other duties as assigned
- Oversee and facilitate training for new employees and continuing education for existing employees
- Be responsible for the production, review, and approval of all policies and procedures for the Property Preservation Department
- Ensure Compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Minimum two years valuations, preservation, or real estate experience.
- Minimum three to five years supervisory experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellence in communication via telephone and written communication.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skill.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and mathematical skills to be used in directing decision-making.
- Basic understanding of Mortgage lending and servicing.
- Strong negotiation and follow-up skills, as well as the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Experience in late stage mortgage collections, including handling modifications, short sales, and Deeds in Lieu of Foreclosure is a plus
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190807170034_ZLYCWSHI4NGMBDBW