Manager - Servicing Change Management
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Manager - Servicing Change Management will provide support with respect to compliance related functions and will manage implementation of procedural changes, examination remediation, and process improvements to avoid risk. Manager - Servicing Change Management will manage the Change Management team for originations and servicing, as well as prepare summaries of new laws and regulations for distribution throughout the enterprise and will be the primary contact for new initiatives and projects.
- Manage team of Compliance Change Coordinators to ensure projects are tracked, managed, and implemented correctly.
- Works with business lines to review, develop and maintain tracking of policies and procedures.
- New law tracking and review
- New law and policy implementation project management
- Production, distribution, and tracking of compliance bulletins to affected business units.
- Assists with regulatory licensing examinations.
- Provides monthly compliance reporting to the Compliance Committee
- Acts as an additional independent review and evaluator to ensure that compliance issues/concerns with the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated, and resolved.
- Identifies areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business, related field, or equivalent experience; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years proven and progressive financial services operations, compliance and/or legal management experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
- Knowledge of state and federal laws governing mortgage servicing as well as knowledge of loan processing, closing, and servicing practices.
- Ability to monitor and analyze trends, data and quality assurance results and formulate, recommend, and implement appropriate changes.
- Good managerial, communications, analytical, organizational, project management and planning skills
- Knowledge of assigned businesses, products, operations, systems and organization and full understanding of all significant regulatory compliance requirements applicable to the business
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R4656